0

hey y'all!

Posted by adp on 12:55 AM in
The past months turn me country...

Maybe it's the age thing, haha. I never prefer a specific genre before. I'm mostly for whatever catches my fancy while listening to the radio. Unlike with movies, I'm not all gaga over love songs. Though I like them! I guess I lean more towards the melody in the beginning. Although I am a 'lyric' junkie, it's not the first thing I notice in a song. It's really based on what my auditory picks up and whatever is stuck. Sometimes it's a particular line, but rarely. Once I like a song, I obsess about it (just the same as everything else). I make an effort to get the lyrics right when I sing it. I loop it on play until I'm sick of it (which is never). I loop it until another favorite song comes along. Oh god, I love lyrics. For me a song is a story told and a story to understand so yes, I analyze lyrics too. Haha. That I now realize is sooo country.

I wonder why i just realize it now. Maybe because I'm such a doofus in terms of music. Or maybe... because I obsessed with a blossoming country loveteam...hmmm...lols...

Ok fine I admit, the past months I'd been fangirling to AI's mclaina. Bwahahaha. Well to save face I actually followed this particular season because since auditions there were A LOT of good singers. And those that made it to each stage are really a talent of their own. I was not too happy though of song choices because as I said I was a music doofus. My eye was on Thia at first, she being Filipino. Then I liked Pia and then had a crush on Paul (I still do). Then hated James, then liked Lauren's choice of songs, then discovered McLaina...then was reeled into Scotty...and thus then I went country. That folks was my AI10 story, haha.

First I obsessed with songs from AI and songs on the AI tour. Then I went back to the love songs I grew up with. When you say nothing at all because of nothing hill, There you'll be from Pearl Harbor...Yes, it has to connect to my love for cheesy love stories...haha...I realized I memorize this songs! And in fact a lot more from Faith Hill and Shania...and that guy with Faith (which of course now I know is Tim McGraw)...Now I am into discovering amazing country songs with amazing stories to tell. I feel old. Lols. Just because I used to connect country to old. But nevertheless, I am in love! to country! For how long I don't know. Maybe it's part of the knowing thyself thing...

I looked into this list of best country love songs which had excerpts of the romantic lyrics of each song. I'm gonna share some of what I know and like...

"Breathe" - Faith Hill
"When I'm lying wrapped up in your arms, the whole world just fades away. The only thing I hear is the beating of your heart."

"How Do I Live" - Trisha Yearwood
"Oh I need you in my arms, need you to hold. You're my world, my heart, my soul. If you ever leave, baby, you'd take away everything good in my Life."

I didn't even know that some familiar songs were just remakes!

"I Do (Cherish You)" - Mark Wills
"I do, cherish you. For the rest of my life, you don't have to think twice."

"I Swear" - John Michael Montgomery
"For better or worse. Till death do us part. I'll love you with every beat of my heart. I swear."

"It's Your Love" - Faith Hill & Tim McGraw

"It's your love. It just does somethin' to me. It sends a shock right through me. I can't get enough."

"This Kiss" - Faith Hill
"It's the way you love me. It's a feeling like this. It's centrifical motion. It's perpetual bliss."

"When You Say Nothing At All" - Keith Whitley
"The smile on your face lets me know that you need me. There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me. The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall. You say it best when you say nothing at all."


Lady Antebellum is country?! and LeAnn Rimes? ...Oh gosh, I'm indeed such a music moron. But, atleast I know Taylor Swift is country! Haha.

Yep, I liked "Your Man" now. Though I cringed at it before. And yes I think Scotty is cute, and Josh Turner too. But the country girls? Ohmagawd they really are pretty!

Yes I like I love you this big too and like my mother does. Just because they have such great messages. I am happy too that country people are such church people and are good Christians. Like! Like! Like!

And you know...
My wedding song is a country song...
That little secret of mine since I was like 13? I dunno, maybe I'll marry a country boy and live in the country...Haha

I bet ya din't know that this song was originally country. I super like it, I watched all McLaina duets of it. *wink*


And those southern romantic flicks...are good too! You get to marry a childhood sweetheart in a small church with a great view...and in cowboy boots at that! Haha.

That I guess is yet another post... tata, gotta hit the sheets ya 'know ...(",)

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.