0

day 1

Posted by adp on 2:22 AM in
My first ever post this 2012.

By this time on this day every year, I usually reflect on the year that was. Most years I wrote in my diary. I guess tech age made me too lazy to continue with tradition. But now that I remembered I might do actual writing in a while. Anyways it's fun to make fun of your old self when re-reading your younger self's notes.

Also it's the only time I text and reply to each and every message. Again time changed. I had posted on my wall, tweeted and blogged, this day and age that I guess suffice. I usually am so sentimental on this day ( I feel I still am...) I think of all those people I like to thank or be thankful for. I think of all the blessings, the joys, the pains. I think about all the obsession I went through. All the movies / shows I watched and loved. All the songs I played over and over. All the crushes I had. And all that made my past year. Then I pray and say thanks, I talk to God to share my thoughts and I make lotsa plans. Mind you I ask for a lot of things too...haha But I always end it with "thy will be done Lord". That in fact still a debate in my head. Am I being faithful or coward.

This time also signals the start of changing tons of passwords...I made it my own little tradition so I'd never forget. Thinking of my word of the year as of the moment.

And last but not the least, I plan my birthday. I am always on leave on that day. I hold it sacred. That day is MY day so I'll do whatever I want. The past years I make it a point to hear mass in a church I've never been to. I had decided where to go this year. On work days I eat alone and celebrate (or sulk about ) my forever alone state. Haha. I am not usually bothered by age. Ok I do sometimes but it's no biggie. This year is monumental though, I'm going to be kicked out of the calendar. Haha. *shrugs* That's life!

My star map predicts huge changes and a change in perspective around this age. I actually planned to be philanthropic at this age... But I planned to get married at 25 too, didn't happen so go figure. But still who knows. Like many of you I feel extremely hopeful for the coming year. I'm still deciding on my wishes and plans but I can say that happiness is part of that list. I live by the theory that your happiness is your own. But I acknowledge reality too, so I wish happiness comes easily with everything.

Last but not the least...on this day I write lengthy compositions...all the time. Haha...

And that's my cue to stop and hit publish on this post.

Happy New Year everyone! ♥♥♥

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.