0

first cinema date!

Posted by adp on 12:21 AM in
I love february. Yep this overly commercialized love month. I am not saying this because I am one happy girl who found the guy of her dreams and thus anticipates flowers and chocolates on valentine's day. In fact, I am a love sick person whose only memory of being given flowers by the guy of her dreams is a total heartache. No, I am too love drugged to talk about that... So, why?

Yes, I love feb because it IS the love month. I celebrate the kind of love that is romantic even if I only see it from the outside. I am happy that at least I know it does exist. I am weird that way. My fascination with romantic films, love stories and grand gestures of love is over the top I guess. That someone elses "kilig" overflows to me (not all the time though, some are really eewww bad) My bitterness level is minute I think. Moments of bitterness do exist for me. I think it is but the norm since I'm loveless rather partnerless and that I'm human. I do stare at girls cradling bouquets enviously. Though I think how awkward that could feel. I walk through a flower shop, picking flowers that I like pretending to anticipate what I might get. That's about it. Flowers. It's just the flowers. Chocolates are no biggie, bears not my thing too and dates?! Gah... so passe. Oh, and on hindsight it's just not the flowers...it includes what's written on the card too. I love love letters. My future husband better be a hopeless romantic like I am or else...I'd never have a future husband. Haha

Going back to the point of this post. I love Feb too because love is in the air. Love stories everywhere! It is heaven to my hopeless romantic heart. Thus although I had quite a difficult time picking what to watch since January, I knew Feb would be go-to-the-movies month. So I start my resolution this year with a movie date to watch...dun, dun, dun



For a long time I thought this was a Nicholas Sparks story. I made the connection merely because these two actors are quite synonymous to Sparks' characters that made a mark I guess. Rachel was in The Notebook and Channing was in Dear John. Channing Tatum was exactly who I pictured for Dear John, *insert fangirl squeal*. I would've watched The Vow if only for Channing and the love story theme period. BUT I found out that it isn't a Sparks' story. I searched high and low for a copy of "The Vow by Nicholas Sparks" and can't find any. I can't because there is none, haha fail. But what is amazing though is that the film is indeed a book adaptation of a TRUE love story. Oh my happy heart! So I really recommend you watch it. It is indeed a feel good movie but the kind that tells you it's not superficial it indeed existed.

More thoughts...
1) Scott Speedman was on the film...My girly crush Scott Speedman from felicity. He was still a looker although he aged far worse that he could've had. Seeing him on screen brought back lots of felicity memories.

2) Channing was the muse of this film. A lot of close ups and abs and even a butt exposure. Channing can't really be bi...he can't be...please no.

3) The premise of the story was something I haven't thought of. Maybe that's why I liked the film. It opened a lot of questions in my mind.

4) Quotable quotes...lots of quotable quotes I can't help but share some...
"Life’s all about moments of impact, and how they change our lives forever."
...and the actual vows...

I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

-Paige

I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. I vow to love you, and no matter what challenges might carry us apart, we will always find a way back to each other.

-Leo




How can you not be in love???

I am in love with love. Yes I admit.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.