0

wants and needs...

Posted by adp on 1:13 AM in
I want a new ipod...or an iphone... but this is not the right time to get one... =(

flashback saturday...
Last saturday was 'barangay fiesta' in the province. I did a little research and discovered that our patron is the holy family. That explains while all nearby barangays are named after saints (San Miguel, San Francisco, San Rafael...) while ours was named after a creek (Sapang Tagalog). I have to dig deeper to know about the history of our province. I have to do the research sometime. (I hope I won't forget)

A trip to the province solely depend on the whim of ze mader... She being the driver and financier. My siblings and I are accustomed to waking up on a Saturday morning to my mom's drill-sergeant-like demeanor. Orders fly here and there. Wake-up! Take a bath! Pack your bags! Close your windows! Unplug everything! Move faster! Out of whim we are herded to ze car and travels 3.5 hours to ze province. Yes, 3.5 hours. Due to a lot of stopovers an additional 1.5 hours is added to travel time. As I discovered last saturday, that by bus it only takes a little over 2 hours.

Because I was trying to make my Saturdays eventful, I took saturday classes again this semester. In fact I wanted my whole saturday to be busy. I think I regret that now, though I'm not sure. Because of that I had to take the bus and travel alone since ze family usually leaves as I mentioned, in the morning. This is not the first time though. Actually it happens quite often since my Saturday's are usually "busy".
The farthest I had to travel to alone was Manila-Baguio. I don't mind travelling alone, as long as I'm up to it. If I'm not I tend to develop all the kinds of sickness my brain can produce.

And so I traveled alone on that Saturday night. Waited for the bus on the "illegal" bus waiting area in trinoma. Opted for a bus with wifi for experience. Sat as close to the TV in case I need entertainment. Armed with food takeout that could last me until Baguio, a fully charged ipod and cellphone and wifi to boot, I was a happy traveler. Only not so nice thing is that buses here are usually cramped. Space is limited, thus eating is a challenge.

I rarely sleep on road trips especially when I'm travelling alone. Unless I am dead tired. Thus, I am a prepared traveler always.

The purpose of this post is to rant about my phone's crappy camera. Despite having no alternative, I rarely use it because the picture most of the time is dead plain. My camera duby died on me sometime ago. The lens went beserk all of a sudden, thus it's now a paperweight. I wanted that iphone/ipod touch with a camera since it was launched. My ipod juliet was pretty young that time so a purchase is quite impractiocal. I wanted the gadget mostly because of the camera and the ease to share stuff while on wifi. Circumstances prevented the imminent purchase. That I think is more than a year ago and until now It's still that one thing I wished I got to do sometime.

A camera and the works had been on my wants for the longest time. It sometimes border the needs. I am sad that I don't get to take pictures of interesting things. I regret that I can't share stuff because I can't document.

I used to strive for a macbook...now I want an iphone too and an ipad. The only thing I can afford I guess is a new ipod touch. But not yet. In 2 months hopefully

I can't help but sing breakup songs in times like these...breaking up indeed is hard to do. Yes, I'm attempting metaphors. Go figure...

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.