0

twitterfied

Posted by adp on 1:22 AM in

I am not even sure if the word exist... even in the urban dictionary.

I'm pretty sure you know what I mean though.

"I firmly believe that my thoughts are twitterfied"
"I'm actually having twitterfied thinking more often"

On that idle time of commuting to work when you're not sure if you are awake or not, you tend to think of random stuff. Well I do. This morning I had the realization that my thinking sounds like a tweet or a status message. It is as if my mind is always preparing to make a shoutout. Then comes an after thought of "I want to / I will tweet that later". Good thing I'm not on any unli- plan or 3G stuff that would make me "connected all the time". I'd probably be guilty of over sharing which in fact is very common nowadays, intentional or unintentional.

I loved to think back when social media was still just friendster. And then that time when you got sick of friendster being jejemon that you almost abandon it. (of course you didn't, for the sake of the photos you stored there and the privelege of stalking...) When facebook was new and my only "friends" were officemates who were within arm's reach. Nevertheless we went through the messaging, poking, playing phase. The rest I guess is history. Twitter I actually have no recall of it's roots. All I know is that I used it to follow (ergo stalk) celebrities and who's who. And of course tumblr! My shrine of all things pretty and nice (still is)

As of today, boy oh boy my small spaces in the world wide web grew as fast as a wild brush. On average I get 20 notifications in Facebook, my twitter updates loads 10stats minimum...per minute! And I stay in tumblr to backtrack 50 pages of posts. CRAZY! Everyone is wanting an audience. That is what social media made of us, attention grabbers. Admit it all the stuff you post in these sites are meant for all to see. You often check if somebody liked, commented, shared, retweeted your posts. Social media gave us a stage to be in. Good or bad I have no studies to present.

All I know now is that I am aware of this culture of over sharing. At present I am trying to analyze if I'm actually part of the guilty ones. I know though that since I am aware of such, I tend to self-regulate. I censor myself too. What I don't want I won't do. But there are moments when you just want to share, referring to the true essence of it. That I am guilty of. Sharing stuff for all to see, experience, be aware of. I had moments of ranting too, trying to send a message. And although some "spam" annoys me, some I genuinely appreciate too. Like this friend who shares political issues, one that posts witty 9gags, a techy friend, a spiritual one. Filtering is becoming a talent. The ability to just focus on what picks your interest and ignore that which would waste your time.

The new age of social media. So many new issues for social sciences to explore.

If in the future I annoy you because I am over sharing / spamming / wasting your time ...I apologize. Maybe I fell victim to what these new generation had become.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.