0

My first ever Boracay post

Posted by adp on 3:01 AM
Last week friday, I finally had the opportunity to finally visit the 2nd best beach of the world (as per DOT).  I personally planned this trip as early as January which supposedly would be with only an aunt and a cousin.  Our group ballooned to 10 come travel date! Well the more the merrier.

I secured promo seats (not as cheap as I wanted them to be, hehe).  Airphil Express, the budget airline of the flag carrier Philippine Airlines opened it's Clark-Kalibo flights just this March, hence the promo.



Must I say, Airphil had good leg room, better than Cebu Pac in my opinion.  Also up to 15kg check-in baggage was free.  Flight was smooth too and most of all flights are as much as 30 minutes advance.  I'm not kidding!  We almost missed both to and fro flights!

The fact that we still had to travel Kalibo-Caticlan was no hassle at all, at least for me.  For some though it pose a little discomfort especially if you are the "ride-alight" type of passenger.  I was able to ride the fast craft to Boracay and the regular motorboats from Boracay.  For a difference of 5 pesos I'd take the fastcraft any day.  It's seats were cushioned, it was spacey, air-conditioned and was fast.  I was told that the only setback is that it docks for 15 minutes before leaving, hence a 30-minute interval on departures.  The motor boat experience was tolerable though.  Only that it's quite cramped, open to all elements ergo splashes of water and a tad more turbulent.

My first impression of Boracay is that it's too commercialized.  Shops everywhere! The whole strip of beach literally is full of business.  Obviously the first thing I did in Boracay was walk.  I actually walked too much it parallels my Sg record.  And when finally I hit the famous sand, oh my!  Definitely note worthy!  I could attest it indeed is the finest sand there is.  My personal comparison would be flour and sand.  I relate it to the feel of flour when I'm sifting.  Yes, it was that impressive.  The beach was clear, not too salty, calm and very swimmable (depth gradation was on the safe side).  That moss ruins the sand-sea  combo.  The moss was just yucky and unpleasant.  Good thing that on our side of the beach there was almost no moss.  It is concentrated near the famous Willy's rock.

I made quite a list of to-do / to-see / to-eat in Boracay.  Since I have 9 other people in tow, my time is not entirely mine.  Here's a shortlist of the "checks" I had on the list:
     To-do
     - island hopping
     - helmet diving
     To-see
     - the sand
     - willy's rock
     - puka beach
     - shangri la
     - manny's property
    To-eat
     - smoke's
     - jonah's shakes

The frown's on my list : (this were things I vowed to do but was not able to)
     - see Marc Nelson
     - visit Bolabog beach (the other side of the island)
     - parasail
     - barhop
     - eat lobster

I had no intention of going back.  Too many places to go to, so little time and resources.  But looking at my list of frowns I think I want to go back.  I just might.

This travel made me realize these things
     1)  The Philippines indeed offer a lot more beautiful places to see
     2)  This was as far as I traveled distance wise
     3)  It pays to plan well
     4)  The company you travel with affects the experience
     5)  I just might have an adventurous side, travel wise

P.S.
These are the places I have on my list: Coron, ElNido, Batanes, Caramoan, Vigan.  For now that is.  I certainly wish I get to cross out as much as I can...so I can make new lists! yay! :)






0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.