0

what happened on the previous 365 days? (2012)

Posted by adp on 4:01 PM in


When I think of "years", I usually label it with a significant happening in my life.  Usually achievements which I consider as my badges of honors.  2002 was the year I graduated, 2003 was when I passed the boards, 2004 was when I had my first legit job, 2005 was when I went back to school for a second degree, 2006 was when I finished the requirements for the degree and 2007 was when I passed the boards for that 2nd degree, (2008?! err, my sister got married? I took my first (non-credit) master's class), 2009 was when I formally entered grad school.  What the hell did I do for 2010, 2011, 2012?  Life stopped happening due to grad school.  Haha.

But really, what happened in 2012?  The blur of 2010 and 2011 were brought about by not so pleasant events.  It had been scary, depressing and utterly life changing to say the least.  It had been a struggle since then.  I share a Chinese zodiac with my mom, since she gave birth to me @24.  Come new year we talk about astrology, luck, horoscopes and the like.  She mentioned an 8-year cycle thingy I did not understand.  Then I realized I had 8 years of bliss before the challenges.  Would that mean this cycle of struggling would continue in the next 6 years?! NO!  I refuse to believe that because it's depressing!  This is how most Filipinos take astrology and predictions.  We believe what we want and what appears to be good and reject the bad.  The Chinese on the other hand, take both, enhances the good and work around the bad.  Just maybe I should do that.

So before I leap into the coming year with positivity and good vibes in mind, let me do a meme I copied from a friend and summarize my year that was 2012.


What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?

Resign and go through the painful and difficult last month at work.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I did not commit to any I think ( will check)

Did anyone close to you give birth?

as in 'close'? none  Got married? A LOT.

Did anyone close to you die?

Thank God, none.

What countries did you visit?

None!  Philippines? lols

What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012 ?

Lots and lots of cash.  Haha.  A license maybe and a car.  Dream big, why not.

What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

12.21.12 need not explain why.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Simbang gabi! Punctuality (slight, haha). bum, what a loser year. hahaha

What was your biggest failure?

Supposedly career shift?

Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nothing serious.

What was the best thing you bought?

Peace of mind and nude flats. *wink*

Whose behavior appalled you and made you depressed?

unprofessional people, ehem.  adam lanza. CJCorona and tito sotto.

Where did most of your money go?

Boracay trip, Bills! Clothes? and Food.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Summer in Boracay!

What song/s will always remind you of 2012?

Call me maybe, gangnam style, A thousand years(twilight)

Compared to this time last year, are you:

a. Happier or sadder? Same
b. Thinner or fatter? Same.  Ok maybe a little fatter.. ugh!
c. Richer or poorer? Embarrasingly poorer. waaahh!

What do you wish you'd done more of? 

Pretend jogging in the treadmill, badminton, swimming
reading, reading, reading (both scholarly and recreational)

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Staying up late, taking cab rides, procrastinating.

How will you be spending Christmas?

A quick trip to the province for the ze grandpa and the fam, noche buena, xmas day lunch, sadly no parlor games :(

Did you fall in love in 2010?

Romantic: No, Non-romantic: Yes, Idea:Yes

What was your favorite TV program?

Game of Thrones, Survivor, Grey's, HIMYM and Once upon a time

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Yes. No. Confused.

What was the best book you read?

The Host. 

What was your greatest musical discovery?

One Direction? bwahaha

What did you want and get?

Time, peace of mind and breathing space.  Haha

What did you want and not get? 

An ipad mini.  And a job I really, really liked.

Favorite film of this year?

The Hobbit. Hunger Games!

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

32, went to Manila Cathedral for mass and heritage tour, spent half of it in Ace water spa with ze sister, ze cousin and ze aunt.  Pigged out on DQ ice cream cake.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Travel.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?

Recycled.

What kept you sane?

Wongfu, tv, documentaries and romcoms

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Will&Kate, Azkals, Wongfu, Zach Levi, Ellen, David Nolan, Anderson Cooper.

What political issue stirred you the most?

Impeachment, RH Bill.  other issues: Newtown killings, plagiarism

Who did you miss?

A lot of bestest friends who were MIA.

What did i miss?  A lot of milestone events.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

Saving is important.  If only I'd been faithful to my savings and financially wise, I should probably be half way the 'savings goal' I promised myself the year I graduated. :(

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Welcome to the fallout. Welcome to resistance. The tension is here. Between who you are and who you could be.  Between how it is and how it should be..  Dare you to move."

The most touching experience you've had this year?

?

What did you like most about yourself this year?

I had been brave, more compassionate and more accepting.  I liked my ombre hair and curls (babaw)

What did you hate most about yourself this year?

Staying up so late (like 4am), being lethargic (I loved the concept of doing nothing), accumulating debt (bad,bad, bad)

Was 2012 a good year for you?

It was so-so, not on the list of my favorites.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.