0

The day that is all about me.

Posted by adp on 1:29 PM in , ,
This is what I really planned to post.  Not that 'sharing piece' I just posted prior.  That was random.

Anyway.  Just documenting what happened on my birthday.

You see, I made this personal tradition of going to churches I haven't been into on my birthday.  I love churches and churches are really grand and beautiful at this time, still Christmas season you know.  This year I decided to go to Blessed John Paul Parish in Eastwood.  That quaint church hidden and dwarfed by the skyscrapers of that place.  But actually it's really tiny, much like calaruega.

Here it is.  Charming eh?  And you can now get married here! It used to be a chapel but is now a parish.

Blessed John Paul II Parish photo JPIIParish2274sm_zpsbc04050a.jpg

Inside it's very intimate.  Simple structure, altar but a lot of airconditioners, flat screens, and the lectors place mimics an office space: desk, laptop, pen holder?! Haha

It was Monday noon so most mass goers were the elderly, and women at that, or the donyas as I fondly think of them.  The housewives with their made up hair, signature bags, and entourage.  Haha.  Actually most of them are really really simple yet exudes that regal demeanor, breeding you know.  The mass was solemn and the parish priest seems to me like vanguard.  This is a good thing right? Like the pope, I so love the pope.

And then went to get the cake. I saw Tous le jours somewhere so lemme find it.  Alas, I got lost.  Walking in circles, exploring.  Which was actually okay since I am not rushing to go anywhere anyway.  Eventually found it and took a long time just looking.  I wanted to balance pretty and yummy on my cake choice.  I had very few options though so I went with this.
Not so pretty, not so yummy either.  Oh well.  I think this cake is laced with rhum? Taste like it.  But I could have been happier with bakery yema cake.  This cake will be in the fridge for weeks I'm guessing.  The tower of ube and leche flan on the fridge would not help its popularity as a dessert of choice either.

To my horror, the shop don't take credit card payments.  So there goes the only cash I had.  Have to find a place to eat that takes plastic payments then.  But it is my birthday so I have to eat at wherever I like.  I wanted to go buffet but I'm alone and it'd be a bummer to pay for that when I could've eaten for free if I have someone with me.  ( Woot, woot, insert lonely singlehood feels here...haha)

I wanted shake and sukiyaki so I'm having it! So my boy, teriyaki boy is my date.  And then there I felt the Happy birthday vibe.  They have the old menu! I can have my usuals! (not on new menu).  So I had shake, sukiyaki don and philly sushi.  Yey!  Happy and stuffed.

This is better than any cupcake.


And then went home and slept.  Haha.  Come evening I had to tell people to order stuff for the family celeb and yet confusion led to more confusion.  So I had cake and nothing else.  Lols.  Actually they bought dinner and the customary noodles for long life though late was present.

Great Birthday.  Not grand but just as I like it.  None to fuss about too much since its not a milestone, in terms of numbers.  I got much, much love too from family, friends, and acquaintances.  All is well. Damn, most of my well wishers wished for a future love.  Can't, won't go there.  Get out of my head people!  Hahaha. I feel loved and blessed.  That's all I need right?  Right.






0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.