0

birthday post!

Posted by adp on 10:27 AM in ,
A week from celebrating my birthday, it's only now that I get to blog about it. First I had to research trivia about my age. Well you know last year my age had a 'spiritual' meaning. It was the same age that Jesus started his mission. Most of the stories we know of his adult life happened and started when he was my age. It definitely had significant on my life. I had to go through a lot of things in 2011 (but 2012 would be a LOT more crazier). I wanted to start working on similar projects as Jesus did (evangelization, charity, etc) but nothing materialized. ( I feel guilty realizing this now...) So, fast forward to this year... By this time, Jesus is set to die on the cross. WHAT?! "I'm not going to die yet, or am I?" Haha. Such morbid thoughts. By this age Jesus was finished with his mission, I don't think I had already started with mine. Although Jesus had to die to save all mankind, an ultimate sacrifice. And indeed I am making a huge sacrifice. 'nuff said.

I googled and was reminded that Brittany Murphy tragically died at this age. Death again?! Ohmy! Haha. But with that there were lots of pictures of women at this age who remained stunning nevertheless. Therefore... I'll see this year as that. A kikay year to give myself the most attention. The past years I'd been really lazy about taking care of myself. It amazes me that people would perceive me as younger than my age (thanks to working with kids and for kids). For all that I did (or did not do) I should look 10 years older. So next year let's wish for an older but prettier me. =) Bwahaha

So what happened on my birthday?

I am extremely grateful that I still had birthday leave this year! So...I had a free day solely for myself. As you know, I plan my birthdays. Usually if it's on a weekday I plan things I get to do alone (lame, forever alone haha). Dinner is with the family at home as usual. But this year I get to celebrate in fact not by myself (yey!).

First on my task is to go to mass. In a church I haven't been to. I sort of made it a tradition. I have a fascination with beautiful churches. Add to that, I have that belief (pagan) that you can make a wish if you visit a church for the first time. Haha. But my biggest take on this 'tradition' is that I get to say my sincerest prayer because I usually linger after mass.

This year I went here.
I've always wanted to see this iconic church. I didn't pay attention to the facade at first. I went directly inside. It was smaller than what I was expecting from the inside but it was impressive. I was first impressed of the flat screen monitors. I think there was a 32" screen every 3 rows of pews. Then there was the traditional pulpit that reminds me of Noli Me Tangere. The 'retablo' was not as grandiose as other old churches. And I realized that the cathedral's patron was the Immaculate Heart of Mary. It was built in the 16th century but looks pretty well taken care off. The ceilings and arcs are pretty impressive too. There were a lot of tourists who were there, taking pictures and going through the side altars. That time there were 3 side altars, 1) for Mary, 2) the idea of Purgatory and 3) the Cathedral's history. I went through all 3 (but had to rush on the last, eeepp) I am awed by the old manila vibe. Despite the "modernization" of some parts of Intramuros, I still ♥ the rustic parts of it. And it makes me proud that there are still nice places that tourists can see. This cathedral is definitely one of them.

Next I had to meet my aunt here
unfortunatel it's not yet time for sunset so I had to make do with less beautiful view. But yet again this is one of the places I love in the metro. It's far from the hussle and bussle of the city I am used to see every day. During sunset, it's another wonderful site to behold. I used to dream of waking up with the view of this bay. But after that horrendous storm surge, no thanks. I guess I am ok with the floods rather than the tsunami like waves.

Commuting to that mall nearby, I get to see luneta from the jeep. I miss Luneta...

So, off we went to eat lunch (had steak in a food court) and meet the cousin. Then off to the water spa we went.

The discovery of this nearby spa led to crazy purchase of coupons. Me and my sister had so much fun the first time we wanted everyone to experience it. Hence the hoarding. The first time was really fun. This time around it was more fun to initiate the newbies and let them enjoy.
Went home afterwards to eat dinner. We really wanted to eat buffet but had to customary celebrate with the family. To my surprise though there was no party. Haha. I had no buffet table of my own. The mother took a long time to go home and did not bring anything. Ahhhh! It was a bummer at first but oh well I am to 'old' to whine about that. So we just had dinner. And ate my favorite cake (only this time)

tadaaan..

This is my fail cake... Looks like a dome something. Actually it is a molten ice cream cake that apparently was placed on the ref and not the freezer...FAIL! haha And notice there were no candles! =( Good thing I love this ice cream cake so much, the appearance and the lack of ceremonies didn't dampen my happy mood. (ok, just a little disappointment then) Which reminds me...THAT is what I haven't done yet...blow a candle on a birthday cake. Lols... Birthday party for myself next week then. Haha.

But seriously, I had a nice birthday. And amidst all I am truly grateful for the year that was and hopeful and optimistic for the year that would be...So to my*bleep* year old self...




0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.