0

late day 1 dawn mass post

Posted by adp on 1:16 AM
As I'm writing this post, it's 12:58 am and I have to be up and about again in 3 hours for day 2 dawn mass vigil.  I have 2 options now: 1) stop this and sleep right away or 2) write a long post (as I always do) and don't sleep.  The second one looks appealing and seems to be a good choice but it's feeding a bad habit of inducing insomnia.  Ergo I'm writing a short post and then will go nap. You can't call 3 hours 'sleep'.

So, yesterday was day 1 of 2012 dawn masses.  It's not that cold at dawn this time so waking up was a tiny bit less difficult.  My unpredictable fone alarm did it's job this time thus it was up to me and my lazy butt to go move.  There was not a single soul in our street when I went out and public transport was rare, maybe because it was a sunday.  No choice but to walk.  A 24-hour tricycle terminal is about 3 blocks away but commuters are nowhere to be found so I had to take a special trip (P32).  I wish I had a bicycle.  From the opposite end of the terminal was the church, with a little walk again.  As expected the church was a blockbuster.  It was the first day of the traditional dawn masses and it was a sunday, perfect.

Same old scenarios in the church, teenagers with friends who were either dozing off or chatting too much.  Families tagging along even the small ones who were dozing of too or being too rowdy.  And the usual churchgoers.  The mass was RH Bill centered, the church has really strong opinions about this bill.  I wonder how many of the people really did care or had similar/opposing stands.  The mass ended with a production number from the youth org and the traditional Christmas songs ( noticeably always the abscbn Christmas song of the year)

Day 1 was cheery and very encouraging.  I did not explore the food booths around.  Surprisingly I wasn't hungry yet.  Haha.  So no breakfast for today.  Walking home it was just the break of dawn and I noticed that despite the pollution, the skies still turns pink and orange and peach.  It was indeed a beautiful morning to behold.

My morning ended when I reunited with my bed.  Haha, there goes my early morning routine.  I have a feeling tomorrow would be no different except maybe I'll have the appetite for breakfast.  :)

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.