0

2014 is here! and it's EVEN. yey!

Posted by adp on 3:40 PM in ,
So what's with that very enthusiastic title?

I have a strange perception that my best years are all 'even years' (ends in even numbers, you know...well of course you do..) Anyway.  So with that, I don't expect much from 'odd years'. I don't dread them but my game plan usually is to just course through it, wish for the best and hope to make it through the worst.  So far it works that way.  I don't have 'bad years' (maybe optimism has to do with that too). I have 'ok years'.

It scares me though to expect that this would be a great year (uh-oh pessimism).  It all depends on perspective.  I have not much to boast about 2012, but as a person I felt really good about myself and my decisions. That's why I look forward to 2014 because no matter what, I think I'd be optimistic all the way.

In terms of plans, ironically I have no grand plans.  2014 would be my 'do year'.  It will be a prep year for what I wish would happen in 2015 (an odd year!) Not to be vague about that, I'm really really looking forward to finish my masters by 2015 just because 2014 aint realistic sadly.  So 2014 has to be a whatever-it-takes year. So although I'm expecting a grand thing on 2015 (pray, pray it happens), much of the journey to that would be on 2014.  Yet, who knows 2014 might have something grand-er in store for me.  Wish for the best!

I was getting ahead of myself there.  What happened on 2013 by the way?

Basically I was afloat beginning of the year.  I was full time in grad school so that took most of my time.  I worked part time, which helped with the finances.  I had practicum during summer and went to a lot of interviews, demos and exams.  Things did not go as planned on my supposed career shift for reasons still not clear to me.  And since my heart was not into it, I wasn't bothered.  I got teaching jobs come May in 2 universities very different and very far away from each other.  So the rest of the year I was adjusting to my new jobs, schedules and still... grad school.  I failed on the grad school part, what a shame.  Earned an inc on my final subject which I am completing now.  Anyways, I feel I rocked the 'professor' role though technically I am not a professor just a lecturer for now.  Still adjusting but it feels I'm getting the hang of it.  But because of the major shift in basic ed, I have to make plans for 2016 again.  Which I feel is too far away so I'm not going to worry about that just yet.  I still am on the core group of the alumni thingy and we had huge plans set for next year, so that took some of my time too.  And lastly, I fell... not in love because I know definitely now that it was not love, what it was I don't know.  Maybe just a huge inappropriate kind of crush.  It's embarrassing to think about it, but the fact that for the 4 months my emotions were in limbo I have to give credit to it.  It was hella fun, amazing and scary.  But it was nothing, it was a lesson and merely a test of character.  So I veered away from love entirely.  Until this December, when I was and still is in love with the idea of love. *insert horrified face here*  First there were new songs I really really liked, with lyrics that are cheesy as cheese.  Then there was my grey's anatomy marathons that led to insane fangirling.  I could and would probably blog about that so I'll drop the topic here and now, lest I get carried away.  So there goes my year.  Seems not boring at all, while the whole time it felt bland to me.  Well, perspective.

Beside the thesis thingy.  I literally have no set plans.  Not even for my birthday which I fuss about every year.  I always have the desire to travel but no clear concrete plans where, when and with who.  I plan to go to Japan on 2015 though.  In terms of love life, I have none.  So no plans to get married, have a baby and all those big stuff.  No change of career plan just yet.  No change of residences or big purchases yet, I still can't afford it.  So none.  Exciting isn't it?  Haha.  Because although I have no grand plans, there is this feeling that something is coming up.  Just a feeeeeelling.

Whew!  Finally done with this year end post.  Feels good to assess my life, put it in writing and review it.  Hmm quite lengthy so I'm happy.  It means I lived significantly.  Yey!  Here's to living more in 2014. Hopefully it would not take me a year to blog again.  Let the good, the bad and the crazy come.  That way I would feel the need to blabber and pretend my thoughts/problems/experiences and life in general is bigger than it actually is that I need to share it to the world (wide web).  Haha

If you read this, I send you good tidings and cheer too.  And a hope of an awesome 2014.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 really now, what could be prettier than PINK? All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.